We inform our customers about the upcoming amendments to EU Regulation 1881/2006 amending the maximum levels for Lead and Cadmium in foodstuffs.
The Commission has recently published two amendments to Regulation (EC) No 1881/2006, introducing new maximum values for lead and cadmium in food. These Regulations are, respectively:
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2021/1317 of 9 August 2021 amending Regulation (EC) No 1881/2006 as regards maximum levels for lead in certain foodstuffs.
- Entry into force: 29th August 2021.
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2021/1323 of 10 August 2021 amending Regulation (EC) No 1881/2006 as regards maximum levels for cadmium in certain foodstuffs
- Entry into force: 30th August 2021
These Regulations establish the reduction, or maintenance, of maximum admissible levels in certain foodstuffs, and these are classified in slightly different new categories, so we advise our customers to consult these Regulations to find out at first hand the extent to which they may be affected by these changes.
In case of doubt about the content of these Standards, L.A.B. | Laboratorio Analítico Bioclínico offers its technical advice and consultation service. You can find all the contact details of the laboratory here.
L.A.B. guarantees the continuous updating of our system with regard to the latest food safety Standards published by the European Union so that our clients can obtain assessments and advice in accordance with the legal and market requirements and demands in force.
Please find attached the links to both Regulations:
- REGULATION (EU) 2021/1317. About maximum lead content.
- REGULATION (EU) 2021/1323. About maximum cadmium content.